Dear Kinley,
It has been four days since you entered into this world, the NICU, and forever into our hearts. My favorite thing to do is hold you. Every time I hold you, everything else melts away. This week has been filled with tears of joy, elation, stress, and worry...but when I hold you, there is only love. You are an indescribable gift from God. I wish you could know how long I prayed for you. How long I ached to hold to you. I wish you could know how much I love you. How many people love you. How much God loves you. I can't wait to tell you. I can't wait to tell you about our God. He is a God of mercy, a God of compassion, and a God of faithfulness. He has faithfully answered our prayers for a child. You are the answer to those prayers baby girl. My hope is that as you grow and you come to know your story, you will know that above all else, you can trust God. Trust Him with your hopes, trust Him with your dreams, trust Him with your life. He is faithful.
I cannot wait to take you home. I cannot wait to show you your room. I cannot wait to feed you at 2 am. I cannot wait to braid your hair, take you to Disneyland, make you Mickey Mouse pancakes, and have you climb in between us in bed. But mostly, I cannot wait until you are mine to hold forever. Until then, I will wait...deeply longing, patiently trusting, and faithfully praying. I love you more than words can express Kinley. Come home soon.
Love,
Mommy

Beautiful tears in my eyes Maria!
ReplyDeleteand i can't wait to see her here in Brazil and show you how beautiful is my home, the same i can happily tell you that is your home too.
ReplyDeleteyou have here in brazil a place, people who will really enjoy take care of you!!