Saturday, December 25, 2010

7 Months - A letter from Nonnie

Dear Kinley,

It is Christmas Eve, 2010. I have much to do to finish preparing for tomorrow’s festivities. There are still a few presents to wrap and stockings to stuff. There are ingredients in my pantry for delicious treats that my family looks forward to each year at this time. I must dry my hair soon, because if it stays wrapped in this turban for much longer my only choice will be to start over and wash it again so as to be presentable at the Christmas Eve service.

Yet, with all this and so many other things on my plate this Christmas Eve, what am I doing? I am typing a note to you while I wait for your freshly purchased, freshly steamed butternut squash to cool so I can make you your own special Christmas delight…butternut squash with bananas and butternut squash with apples a la Nonnie. You loved the pumpkin applesauce that I made you for thanksgiving and your mommy said you had requested more for Christmas dinner. Since there are no more pumpkins in the store, I found the next closest thing. I think you’re going to love it!

You haven’t just changed your mommy and daddy’s lives forever, the rest of us are forever changed as well. We all love you so much and will do ANYTHING for you. Your grandpa (“el padre”) walks you from room to room, inside and outside, when you cry. Your Uncle Brandon plays his guitar for you. Your Aunt Jamie will drop whatever she is doing for the opportunity to spend time with you. And I…I will make homemade baby food, something I didn’t even do for my own children (if only I had known how easy it is!), just to make you happy. When your mommy told me about the special baby food request I replied, “Whatever she wants.” And she responded, “oh, she knows it!”

Speaking of your mommy, I am amazed by her. She loves you so much! Other mothers think homemade baby food is too big a chore, but she does it all while carrying your baby sister in her belly!  Granted, she is only able to do this because your daddy is such a big help. He plays with you and cares for you with so much love and attentiveness. The biggest belly laughs I’ve heard out of you have come when your daddy is playing with you. You love his tickles, his raspberries, and his over the head arm lifts (the ones where you get to throw up in his mouth!). What a blessed child you are.

Thank you for changing our lives. Thank you for filling our home with joy and laughter. This Christmas we thank God for sending us his son and we thank Him for sending you to us as well. We love you, Kinley!

Love,

Nonnie (and Poppie too)

Kinley loves eating!

Especially Nonnie's holiday baby food

Kinley's first time meeting  Santa Clause

I think she likes him!...At least this year. 

Kinley sporting her Great Aunt Kathy handmade dress 

You're too beautiful for words baby girl.

Daddy is SOOOOOO big!

Getting close to having a baby sister!

Mommy loves you SOOOOO much. 

Such a curious little girl...

She has stolen our hearts! 

Cutest picture ever girlie. 

Love you sweetheart. Happy 7 month birthday! 


Family Session by Karie Denny @ karriedennyphoto.com

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, awesome post! Another tear-jerker! I love all of the pictures, especially the first black and white one.

    ReplyDelete