Dear Emery,
Time flies baby girl and you are already 4 months old. Yesterday I had tears running down my cheeks as I rocked you to sleep because I can't believe how fast you are growing, and how soon you won't be my little tiny baby anymore. I treasure every moment you spend in my arms. I know too soon you'll be crawling around chasing after your big sister, while mommy chases after you!
Your little personality is already starting to shine. You're a very sweet girl Emery Hope, and I'm not going to lie, you definitely got that from your daddy! Everything you do is very subtle, very subdued and very sweet. :-) You have the cutest little giggle, but we definitely have to work for it! Smiles however you give out very freely...you almost always have a smile for everyone you see. My favorite thing to do is get you out of your crib in the morning. The pure joy on your face when you see me makes my whole day!
You are very particular about how you like to be held and rocked, and your daddy is definitely the best at getting you to sleep. You have started playing with toys this month and love your little purse and your singing panda bear. Of course everything right now goes straight into your mouth! You still don't like laying on your tummy very much, so you quickly became very proficient at rolling onto your back. :-) You are weighing in at about 14 pounds now, and you're still very long for your age. Of course daddy says that's because you're going to be an awesome basketball player!
As we begin to see your little personality coming through, my prayer for you this month is that you will always be confident in who you are because that is who God made you to be. He knit you together. HE designed every element of your very being. HE is the artist behind your creation. I pray you will always give God the glory for your gifts, for your talents, and for your beauty, and that you will use them for HIS glory. It's amazing to me to think how long God has had you planned. How long He has waited in eager anticipation for your arrival in this world. How long He must have been saying to us, "Just wait guys. Wait to see what I have in store for you." Oh how He must have longed to marvel at you Emery Hope! His creation. How blessed we are to be charged with your care. How blessed I am to be your mommy.
Thank you Father God, for allowing us to play such an intricate role in a tiny little piece of your expansive creation.
Love you baby girl!
Love,
Mommy
 |
| You love your blue turtle! |
 |
| One of the first times you laughed. |
 |
| You and daddy at Kinley's 1st birthday. |
 |
| Our family in Flagstaff, your first road trip. |
 |
| You with your Easter basket in your pretty Easter dress. |
 |
| You love sucking on your fist! |
 |
| Can't wait to sit up! |
 |
| Always showing off your healthy belly! |
 |
| Trying hard to master the thumb sucking. |
 |
| All smiles. :-) |
She is so cute!! I can't believe how fast our little girls are growing. I was just saying to my husband that you can't even blink because it goes by too fast.
ReplyDeleteI loved your prayer for her at the end, too.