Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Princess!










Dear Kinley, 

One year ago today I woke up with the incredible anticipation of knowing that for the very first time I was going to be a mom. One year ago today I spent 12 hours in the waiting room of Chandler Regional Hospital anxiously awaiting your arrival into this world. One year ago today I came to know the pure joy that comes from holding your baby in your arms for the very first time. One year ago today you stole my heart. And what an amazing year it has been! Wow! I know we have blogged many times throughout this year about the awesomeness of God's perfect plan. The truth is your dad and I could not have planned a better future, a better life, or more perfect girls. You literally brighten our everyday Kinley. Your laugh is contagious, your energy is abounding, and your curiosity is plentiful. You continue to grow and develop in leaps and strides and I can't believe you are already one year old! 

In the last two months you have learned a lot of new things. You love clapping and especially pointing (at everything you see!). And of course your very favorite new thing do...shake your head no. ;-) You have even started saying a few words, such as bye-bye, what's that?, yay, and baby. Of course you talk ALL the time, in what sound like very awesome sentences, we just can't quite understand what you're saying! You love playing outside, going for walks, and swimming in the pool. You love little kids and can't wait until you're big enough to play with them! You crawl and creep EVERYWHERE and we can barely keep up with you, but you haven't quite decided to let go and try out walking. Pretty sure you will very soon though! :-) Your hair has gotten so long and I can hardly wait for the day I can put it up in pigtails. You're still quite the picky eater, and mealtimes have become quite challenging, but you still love your staples, bananas, (all fruit actually), graham crackers, and your newest love, Nutrigrain bars. You still only have two little bottom teeth, but the amount of drool you're producing seems to be hinting that more may be on the way! 

On Saturday we celebrated your first birthday with our friends and family and it was such an awesome picture of so many people in your life who love and care for you. You are a very special little girl Kinley Gates! I know you won't be able to remember your first birthday party, but it meant so much to me to be able to plan it and invite people to come and celebrate YOU with us. You see, one of my favorite things in the whole world to do is plan parties, and I can't even begin to describe the joy I got from planning my very first party for my little girl! I actually almost lost a finger making cake pops for your very special party, but that's a whole other story! Just know that your mommy loves you so much, she's willing to sacrifice anything for you...even a finger! ;-)  

My prayer for you this month Kinley is that you will always know how loved you are. You are such a special blessing to so many people, and you are so loved by God. I pray that you will experience and embrace this intense love from your God and from everyone around you, so much so that it will overflow from your heart and permeate your every action, benefiting those who need it the most. For your first birthday we asked all our guests to bring canned food instead of presents. Even though you are too young to understand it now, later I hope you will know that you are never too young to make a difference. We have been put on this earth for a purpose, to love God and love people, and I love that as your mom, I will get to watch you live that out. I love you baby girl. Thanks for an AMAZING year. Happy first birthday. :-) 

Love,

Mommy

Such a gorgeous girl!
You love walking with your car, now you just need to let go!
Love that you have enough hair for bed head!
You love clapping.
Everything is so interesting to you. You love to point!
You adored the Easter Bunny.
You love the lamb your Gigi and Grandpa
bought you for Easter.
You love swimming in your baby pool, and
mommy loves taking pictures of it!
All your little friends came and had a great time at your party.
You love cupcakes! 
Yummy!
All the kids got to decorate their own cupcake.
Tareena came too and made you a very
pretty tutu.
We had a great time celebrating our little one year old girl! 

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Did a year seriously just pass? Wow! Many blessings to you Kinley! You are a special gift to your family! P.S. Kieran shares the same 2 bottom teeth and favorite foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't believe it has already been a year! She looks like such a happy birthday girl. Her tutus are too, too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete